The Jacobean Bird is for all levels of embroiderers. The design uses traditional Jacobean motifs and is stitched in 14 traditional Jacobean colours in Appleton crewel wool on traditional linen twill fabric. The design comes drawn on the fabric so you do not have to be concerned about transferring the design yourself.
There are 20 surface embroidery stitches worked on in a single strand of the crewel wool for each stitch on the design.
The Jacobean Bird is for all level of embroiderers.
The design uses traditional Jacobean motifs and is stitched in Appleton’s crewel wool on traditional linen twill fabric.
Appleton’s Crewel Wool’s in the Kit are the Traditional Jacobean Colours (Earthy Shades):
- Jacobean Green: 5 Shades (closest to DMC embroidery floss No. 524 – 520 range)
- Dull Marine Blue: 3 Shades (closest to DMC embroidery floss No. 3753 – 3750 range)
- Terra Cotta Range: 6 Shades (closest to DMC embroidery floss No. 950 – 632 range)
- Fabric: Traditional Jacobean Linen Twill Natural Colour (closest to DMC floss No. 822)
There are 20 surface embroidery stitches worked in a single strand of the crewel wool for each stitch on the design.
The linen twill fabric comes with the design drawn on so you do not have to be concerned about transferring the design yourself and the Appleton crewel wool’s come numbered with a colour guide so you know exactly which colour to use on the embroidery.
In the kit I provide a detailed instruction booklet with 14 pages of step-by-step diagrams and instructions on how to work each stitch.
I am offering free on-going critique with this kit…..you can email me at any time if you have questions or would like me to critique your embroidery.
- 5 3/4 inches (14 1/2 cm) high by 6 inches (15 cm) wide
- Instruction Booklet with Full Colour Picture
- Piece of Jacobean Linen Twill Fabric 15 inches by 15 inches (37 1/2 cm by 37 1/2 cm) With the Design Hand Drawn on
- Fourteen Shades of Appleton’s Crewel Wool
- One Size 4 Crewel Embroidery Needles
- 13 inch Stretcher Bar Frame and Thumb Tacks
- Packet of Size 4 Embroidery/Crewel Needles
- Embroidery Scissors
|Dimensions||37 x 27 x 3 cm|
|Bird of Paradise:|