Goldwork Marguerite Kit
Goldwork Marguerite Kit
The Goldwork Marguerite is an advanced design.
The Marguerite can be worked in gold, silver or copper metal threads on a cotton velveteen fabric. Areas of the design are padded with felt and crochet cotton and the metal embroidery threads sewn over top.
I provide a detailed instruction booklet in the kit with lots of step-by-step diagrams and instructions on each technique on the goldwork design.
Techniques and Threads Worked on the Marguerite Design:
- Padding: Areas of the design are padded with felt and crochet cotton.
- Leaves: The leaves are worked by couching down rows of twist with a green thread.
- Stems: The stems are worked in lines of couched down Japan thread.
- Daisy Head: The petals on the head of the daisy are worked by sewing down soft gold beads such as bright check, rough and smooth purl over crochet cotton padding.
- Outlines: The petals on the daisy are outlined with pearl purl.
Each of my goldwork designs have different metal thread techniques so doing one design doesn’t necessarily prepare you for another design. Each design is unique making for a new stitching experience each time.
I am offering free on-going critique with this kit…..you can email me at any time if you have questions or would like me to critique your embroidery.
Gold 2% WM means that there is 2% gold in the plating on white metal (silver plated copper). The gilt threads have 1/2% of gold in the plating. Both types of thread tarnish as the metals are copper based and oxidize over time when exposed to light and the elements. Display the embroidery in a dark location with no direct natural or artificial light to slow down the rate of tarnishing.
Please visit the Metal Thread Information page for FAQS on goldwork/metal threads.
- 5 3/4 inches (14 1/2 cm) high by 3 inches (7 1/2 cm) wide
- Instruction Booklet
- A Piece of Cotton Velveteen Fabric 11 inches by 13 inches (27 1/2 cm by 32 1/2 cm) With the Design Hand Painted on
- A Piece of Cotton Muslin Fabric to Back the Velveteen Fabric
- Felt With the Design Drawn on
- Crochet Cotton for Padding
- Seven Different Types of Metal Threads
- One Skein of DMC Embroidery Cotton
- One Spool of Polyester Sewing Thread
- Two Size 10 Crewel Embroidery Needles
- One Size 18 Chenille Needle
- 10 inch by 12 inch Stretcher Bar Frame and Thumb Tacks
- Packet of Size 10 or 12 Crewel Embroidery Needles
- Goldwork and Beading Pad – To Cut Metal Threads on
- Tweezers – For Manipulating Metal Threads
- Goldwork Embroidery Scissors – Sharp Precision Scissors to Cut Metal Threads
- Mellor – For Pushing Metal Threads in Position
- Beeswax – For Waxing Sewing Thread
|Dimensions||37 × 27 × 3 cm|